Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lazy or What?

Okay, so I am a lazy blogger - just check out my other one(s).

Word up: Knitting Meetup Group in Vancouver....ROCKS!!! I have finally met some ladies with the same interests as me and they are FABULOUS! And I can knit in public now. Hey, all the cool kids are doing it! My husband rolls his eyes, but I suppose I would have his full approval if the group was renamed to Super Ultra Sex Kittens who Do Anything You Want.

Current project.

It's a challenging one for me. I have never knit from charts before, but have discovered that it is WAY better than having to read each and every instruction. Plus, after years of typing, I can memorize the short pattern sequences and not have to keep looking at the pattern. (I never was a touch typist!) I just hope I can finish it before it is too small for Kestrel, otherwise? Big waste of time. But it has been fun and I have learned a couple things from it, including a new stitch that my mom didn't even know. I am knitting it in the color shown. Turns out I have been in a severe knitting rut forever and now these great ladies will be showing me "the way". For example, I have never knit socks and have been scared to, but the ladies have reassured me that there is nothing to be afraid of. So I am going to start small and knit some socks for Hayden, since nothing fits his fat little square feet anyway. How can a baby be between the sizes of 0-6 months and 6-12 months when he is already a year old?

Anyway, big lovin' to my knittin' homies! It's nice to have an addiction that one actually benefits from and is not detrimental to my health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home