Sunday, January 07, 2007

Photorama!

Well I promised photos and I am not one to shirk my duties! Or rather, I actually remembered to follow through for once.

The first photos are of the little MP3 cover I knit for my teenaged daughter. She likes it a lot! Rather than put some type of fastener on it, there is a little hole in the bottom of one of the side seams where she can insert the plug for the headphones and this is what keeps it on, although it's pretty snug. Whaddya think?

Boy Side

Girl Side
The cover is knit of black cotton yarn and the skulls are knit with cotton embroidery thread on size (I think) 2.0mm needles - it was a circular needle that I bought and cut the wire off of so that I would have a pair of short needles to work on. Works great!

My next project is a little hoodie jacket that I made from this pattern, except that I changed it from garter stitch to stockinette for a cleaner, more modern look. I was going to give it to the parents of a new baby as is, but decided at the last minute that I wanted to personalize it somehow. The baby in question has Scandinavian and German heritage on his mother's side and French/Acadian on his father's side. Initially I knitted the front patches (the fleur-de-lis (chart here) and the flag of Norway) and was going to leave it at that, but as usual, I can never stop myself! So I added the flag of Germany and the Acadian flag as well. I had originally wanted to do the flag of Nova Scotia, but um, it has a big griffin in the middle and it was a little beyond me. Plus I didn't have time to try and make a chart for it. So, without further ado, here it is:
Front

Back

Close Up Front

Close Up Back

Fleur-de-Lis

Flag of Norway

Flag of Acadia

Flag of Germany

All of the patches were knit with embroidery thread and the small needles mentioned above. It can be fiddly, but they work up really fast and are FUN! The Acadian Flag should have been a little wider and I need to practice free-hand stars (I haven't embroidered since I was a child), but one gets the idea anyway.

I'll let you know the reaction when I finally give it to the new parents!

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are all awesome and so creative!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home